If you follow us, you know we just LOVE engagement sessions! Its a great time to get to know our couples, gives them some fantastic photos, and most importantly, gives you a chance to get used to being in front of the camera!
Our #1 concern for couples is how to pose, and we like to think of the engagement session as a trial run where we can direct you into non-awkward, natural poses to create candid images (you know, where you feel and look like yourselves). That way, you are pros on your wedding day 🙂
We get asked ‘What can I bring with me to our engagement session?’ a lot, so we decided to put together this blog post for inspiration.
- Signs This one is the most common for sure and is great for Save the Date Cards. The possibilities are endless. Paige & Kyle brought this adorable chalk board sign featured above and Jessie & Chris brought this vintage banner to go with their indoor rustic engagement session inside an abandoned building. (We shot there with permission of course! 🙂
2. Bring your Furbabies! Bring your dog, horse, or any other animal you love with you. After all, they are part of the fam too and bringing them to your engagement session is so much fun! You can even get props for them too! Check out this adorable sign and bandana some of our #Brightlightsbrides brought to their session with their pups Bella & Perry!
3. Champagne! or wine! You can plan a picnic or spray champagne like a pro like Kara and Jay did their winter beach engagement session in Hull, Massachusetts. They also brought these adorable custom glasses which were a nice touch!
4. Bundle Up with a Blanket! Estefanie & Michael got nice and cozy during their March engagement session. Blankets add an intimate vibe. We have a whole collection and would be happy to bring some to your session if you would like!
5. Go Sentimental Choose Something meaningful. This is by far my favorite. Did you have a first date at a coffee shop? Go for ice cream? Mini Golf? Kayaking? Recreating this for your engagement session is oh so meaningful and the end results are priceless. Do you have another milestone going on in your life? Did you just buy your first home together? Do some photos at home or in the yard to celebrate. Is there something that you do together and love? Add that to your engagement session experience 🙂
Sarah & Joe bonded over college football while dating and watching together is one of their favorite things to do together so wearing their fav jerseys was a must at their castle engagement session!
Bonus! Other ideas!
Stephanie and George found this super cool & sign and it added a perfect touch to their session!
Daniella & Eric brought a football with them and even added their wedding date!
Lizbeth & Bryan brought Initial balloons!
Want to try something different?
You can go for Confetti, Bubbles, or even Smoke Bombs (they come in a variety of colors!)
No matter what you choose, your engagement session will be a great experience!
Bright Lights Imagery is based in Whitinsville, Massachusetts and Orlando, Florida. We serves all of New England, and all of Florida for portraits and travel worldwide for Destination Wedding Photography and Videography. Common Destinations are Plymouth, Worcester, Boston, Providence, Hartford, The White Mountains, Boston, Cape Cod, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Miami, and more.
Looking for a photographer? Learn More Here